Blazer Holy paladin Talnivarr [Accepted]

Place your application to Madhouse here.

Moderator: Officers

Blazer

Blazer Holy paladin Talnivarr [Accepted]

Postby Blazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 17:26

Hey there Madhouse, here's my application.

Personal Information

Name & Surname: Gerald Vassallo
Something about me: Well as you just read I'm a 17 year old guy who lives in the small island Malta. I'm a student at MCAST (Malta college of art science and technology) and I'm studying Web development and computer programming. I'm a really nice person and an outgoing one as well. I don't like to go out a lot this is simply because I hate going to places where there are a lot of people who I don't even know quarter of them, but yeah when I go out it will be one hell of a night! Well I think that's enough about me. let's get to the serious business now and write about my lovely character. W00t w00t!!

Character Information

Name: Blazër
Class: Paladin
Race: Belf
Level: 85
Primary specc: Holy http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... /secondary
Secondary specc: Holy pvp http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... nt/primary
Primary profession: Jewelcrafting
Secondary profession: Blacksmithing
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ABr/simple

Detailed Information

Why do i play a holy paladin?

I play a holy paladin because it's fun! As are all the other classes, but as i see it holy paladin can't slack at any time of a boss encounter. You don't have any hots which is going to safe a player from death for about 5 seconds. You have to keep casting and moving around to avoid things. When i used to play on my friend's resto druid, i used to move around and put hots on people. Nowadays it changed a bit, but still i find it easier playing a resto druid. But a holy paladin every second you move counts a lot. If you start moving and any player takes a big hit you can't just give him swiftmend. You have to give a fast FoL and then a divine light to top him up. Of course they are more reasons why i love a holy paladin. Let's say mana issues, if you know how you use a holy paladin, your mana is never an issue. The first time i killed Nefarian, i had 2 resto druids helping me. They had to give innervate to each other all the time and i still managed to have a lot of mana and topping the healing with the least over healing without any innervate. And only used divine plea when i could risk 50% less healing done.

Why did I chose these talents and glyphs?

Talents:

I chose these talents because I can heal the tanks and raid at the same time. Might ask why, well here is why. I put beacon on a tank and focus on the other tank. That's kinda how all palas do, but with ToR I sometimes heal the beaconed tank and use LoD on the raid which means instead of using WoG and heal for like 25k on one target i'm most probably going to heal 6 targets with average of 8k each and half of every 8k on the beacon tank.Also I'm going to heal my self with PoTI. Of course in some fights I do heal my beacon target instead of another tank but it depends on which fight I'm healing and what healing setup we have.

Glyphs:

Prime glyphs
Glyph of insight : It's really awesome that i have 5% more effectiveness on my healing.
Glyph of Divine Favor : It's nice that you have 20% more spell haste and 20% more crit chance. Maybe crit can result in over healing yes but when there's heavy damage going on 10 seconds more on that is just epic.
Glyph of Holy Shock : Also a really nice glyph. Let's say i have to move from something and a player just took a 20k hit that 5% more crit can be lucky and i will give him a good heal that is going to save him for few seconds till i can stay still and heal him up.

Major glyphs
Glyph of Divinity : One of the most glyphs i love. 10% of my maximum mana back and a player topped in some heavy damage when i need to use a lot of mana spamming some heavy heals.
Glyph of Divine plea : Everyone love a 6% more mana.
Glyph of Light of Dawn : Healing 6 targets instead of 5. More healing on raid, more healing on beacon target. EPIC!

Minor glyphs
Glyph of blessing of kings : Let say i die and get cr. I can buff myself without using a lot of mana from the few i have.
Glyph of blessing of might : Same thing as blessing of might.
Glyph of insight : Kinda same as above and this is well needed so i can't risk to be oom after a cr without having this on. Cause without this means that i could do more healing and i had a chance to not get oom by giving some judgements and hit some melee.

Gemming and Reforging

Gemming
As all healers do i try to go for pure intellect most of the times. Nowadays intellect gives you more sp so mana and sp aren't something that you should lose. Of course i go for pure stam when the socket is red or an eternal belt buckle etc... When it's a blue socket i go for intellect and spirit and as for yellow i go for intellect and haste.

Reforging
I reforge crit > haste, mastery > haste. That's pretty much all of the reforge i do. Haste is really nice and unfortunately lot of holy items doesn't give me that so i have to reforge it.

My Wow experience:

I started my WoW life like 3 years ago when WotLK was going to hit. Started to play on my friend's account as a hunter. From the few hours i played i got the hunter to level 36 and then i decided to buy my own account. When i got it WotLK hit and i wanted to play a melee class and a tank, so i went for a warrior. Leveling alone was kinda boring but i wanted to start raiding with my friends and i've done it. Started to raid Naxxramas with pugs and after i got some gear Ulduar was up. When Ulduar was out i wanted to go a bit hardcore. I joined 'The illuminati' and started to raid with them. Had 100% attendance and managed to be one of the most geared prot warriors on the server. ToC was out and 'The Illuminati' managed to get ToC down after few weeks. Started to do TotGC and got 3/5. Then i stopped for a while and when i started again 'The illuminati reformed as 'Cliche' Didn't raided a lot with them so i decided to stop for a bit again. But then i started at the start of ICC again. Joined the guild Hydra and i had the best time on WoW with them. Was a nice guild with nice people. After we had 12/12 in 10 man and 11/12 in 25 man and were one of the best guilds on server we disbanded. I stopped playing for a while cause i failed my exams but before that i got 8/12 hc in ICC 25 with Chop Chop. Then my account was bye bye and i stopped for quite a while. When i came back again some old hydra members started a guild named Rush. We cleared everything in ICC 10 man hc and got our drakes. Cata hitted and we failed. So we merged with the guild i'm in right now 'Unintentionally Awesome'. We progressed really good and i was one of the main healers after a week. We were the 8th best guild in the server with 1/13 hc but then people fucked up and stopped showing up when we were a corner away from killing Chimaeron hc. After people stopped showing up i wanted this guild to continue and i was promoted to officer officially. I started recruiting but we were missing range and it was kinda hard to find some good ranged. Then we stopped raiding and I applied with Numen. I spent like 4 weeks with Numen but then I wasn't promoted to member. This is because i made a big jump when i joined them and i wasn't sure on all boss heroic fights so sometimes it made me fail. But now I know the fights, all my duties and can say that i learned a lot from Numen. After that i joined Sentiment the guild I'm in right now, I like the payers here but i don't like 10 man raiding. Tought i would liek it but i'm not and this is the only reason I'm trying to find another guild.

PvE Experience

WotLK

Naxxramas 10/25 : Cleared
Malygos : cleared
TotC 10/25 : Cleared
TotGC 10 : 3/5
Ulduar : Cleared
Icc 10/25 : Cleared
Icc 10 hc : 11/12
Icc 25 hc : 8/12
Rs 10 : cleared

Cataclysm experience :

BoT : Normal cleared, Heroic 3/5 cleared. Cho/Sin left
BWD : normal and heroic cleared
TotFW : Normal and heroic cleared

A lot of the WotLK kills were on my warrior so i don't have all the achivs on this one.

Addons :

Grid
Bigwigs
Recount
Omen

Do you have a mic?

Yes and i speak when needed

My interface and combat log.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy29 ... 234723.jpg

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/kh11cnra ... tails/146/

My pc details

Hardware :
Asus p5ql-e mobo
E7300 duo core cpu @ 2.66Ghz
4GB RAM
Ati radeon 4850HD

Software :

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Internet connection

I'm never higher then 90-100ms
But i have 4mb/s download and 256k/s upload.

Why should you recruit me?

I am a really dedicated player which loves to raid and be at the top notch of this game. I'm a fast learner and if we're on a new boss i just need that first try to understand the fight and after that i already have my own tactic to do my best healing possible. I also try to be a perfectionist during raids which from that i learned how to be mature in a raid and when one should speak on vent and when one should stay quite listening to the guild leader/raid leader and maybe after that if one doesn't understand he/she will ask their question. I try to take things in a good way and if we wipe on a boss for hours or even nights i try to find the good part in that and give courage and will to my guild mates so the next time we kill it. Also i read about the boss and try to find a way that we can maybe kill him easier or at least might have a chance.

Why did i chose you?

I heard about you when i used to play on my warrior and i know that you're a good guild and you try to achiv the best possible of the game. I had a word with Tazmon yesterday and he seemed a nice person so i said go for it =))

Can you raid 4 days a week?

Well i can raid everyday if needed, and i will most probably have 100% attendance. I will only miss a raid if something wrong happened and i can't do any other thing. But apart from that I'm always here.

I wanted to leave this question for last

Do you understand the concept of SARCASM?

Nah i don't really know the concept of sarcasm, mind explain that ? xD

That was it
Thanks for reading this
Blazër

Distortion

Re: Blazer Holy paladin Talnivarr

Postby Distortion » Thu Jun 09, 2011 17:43

Where abouts in Malta are you from?

Blazer

Postby Blazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 17:48

Hamrun, Malta =)

Distortion

Postby Distortion » Thu Jun 09, 2011 17:57

Nice, we have a flat in St Julians, gotta be close to the sea!

Blazer

Postby Blazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 18:05

Hehe, yeah ,St.Julians is always full of tourists. You come here every summer?

Distortion

Postby Distortion » Thu Jun 09, 2011 19:03

Try to but not always

Tazok

Postby Tazok » Thu Jun 09, 2011 23:23

Sup, cracker. We'll talk this over and get back to you as soon as possible. Stay tuned!
"Do you still throw spears at each other?" Prince Philip shocks Aboriginal leader William Brin at the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland, 2002.

Blazer

Postby Blazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 23:59

Yeah cool man, i will.

Arrmoo

Postby Arrmoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 00:47

What Taz said. Me likes you even tho you copy-pasted your apply from the Numen forum filling in the gaps :)
Image rawr!

kloeteklak @ school bus wrote: if you still decide to be an asshole then you're at the wrong address here mate. go check out http://madhouse.servepics.com/ instead.

Recruitment baws.

Blazer

Postby Blazer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 01:00

Haha, shhhhhhhhh
Nah but really i was going to say the same things. That was a 2 hour application mate and i really don't have time for that right now but i did my best :P

Arrmoo

Postby Arrmoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 08:13

Accepted for a trial.

Whisper any officer ingame for an invite.
Image rawr!

kloeteklak @ school bus wrote: if you still decide to be an asshole then you're at the wrong address here mate. go check out http://madhouse.servepics.com/ instead.

Recruitment baws.

Return to “Recruitment”